Wednesday, September 26, 2012

No more Battle Wounds....

Yes, you read correctly....my battle wounds are NO MORE! I found the perfect worn-in military jacket. If you read my previous post ( How dare you if not!) you know the dilemmas I've faced on my journey, however, I did just as I said and succeeded in my quest. I only visited 2 places before I found it.


The first place only had new, unworn jackets available which meant they didn't exude the character and vintage-y feel I was going for AND they were $34.99. Now while $35 isn't bad for a jacket, I just wasn't ecstatic when it came to purchasing a jacket lacking the character I was lusting after. After minutes of staring the jacket down and walking around the store with it swung over my arm, my boyfriend suggested to try another store. I obliged and took to Google (Seriously, what did we do before smartphones) and found
 another store about 20 minutes away.



After fighting to through the Saturday traffic and lovely construction of Dallas, we arrived. I have to admit, had my boyfriend not been with me, I probably wouldn't have gone in and definitely wouldn't have fulfilled my Saturday wish so thanks, Kevy! After he laughed at me for pre-judging the store, we strolled into a place called Army Navy Plus, Inc on Harry Hines. I spotted the jackets the second we opened the door. After shelving through the rack of brand new jackets with a price tag of $25, I realized that this may be my destiny to be forced to take to my knees and give a jacket my own version of character. I grabbed a few off the rack and walked to find a mirror when low and behold, there stood another rack with USED jackets with all the character flaws I wanted. I scoured the rack for the price tags and found they were.... $14! I instantly got a happy feeling! I grabbed a small long, a army patch for $.99 and snagged a friend of mine one (we've been on this quest with one another so it was only right lol).


After I left, I realized my little brothers could totally swag these out and I even made my boyfriend try on one which he claimed he liked but I think he wasn't completely sold on. Since I'm a trend pusher, I'm sure I'll opt to go back to snag 3 more to style the guys in my life sooner than later. If only my 40-something year old dad could pull it off....*ponders* NAH lol! I'll leave it to the youngins!



Anywho, if you're in the Dallas-area and have been looking I just may have ended your manhunt. Pop into Army Navy Plus, Inc.


I also found a store called Imperfect Concepts based in Dallas who also sales preworn jackets for 35.00. She is the thrift-store queen, I tell ya! Check out the boutique at ImperfectConcepts.com. Until then....




XoXo, 
Stylishly Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment