Thursday, September 20, 2012

Snapshot: Angela Simmons for Pynk Magazine

I'm sure all of you ladies have that nostalgic tv show that, although the re-runs are forever constant and although you've probably seen the episodes thousands of times, you still get giddy over seeing the name on your digital TV guide! While I have several comedic sitcoms that give me the before-mentioned feeling (i.e. Martin, Save by the Bell, The Jeffersons just to name a few) there is only 1 show that marries fashion, comedy & true life issues as well as....... Sex & the City!


I remember back in the 90's I used to hear the rumblings about this particular show on HBO that was just to die for but of course at that time I was only in middle school and frankly...I didn't too much care. It wasn't until around 2003 when MTV aired a reality tv show titled "Rich Girls" ( it followed the daughter of Tommy Hilfiger, Ally Hilfiger and her bestie Jamie Gleuchier) that I began to take notice. I remember distinctively on 1 episode they raved about how it was imperative that they make it home before the series finale of their favorite show, you guessed it, Sex & the City aired. Every since then I have been glued to the tv when a marathon is on & have "Oooo'd & Awwww'd" at the fashion. To me Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda are the quintessential New Yorkers so when I saw Pynk Magazine shot this Sex & the City themed shoot with Angie, it was love at 1st sight! Angela looks gorgeous and the creative team did an awesome job of capturing the essence of my fave New Yorkers. It's safe to say the spread truly CARRIED away...

Can you guess which look from left to right is which character?
My guess is (left to right:) Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha then Miranda. What do you think?

Photos courtesy of Theybf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment